MATTA Fair September 2013
MATTA Fair September 2013
The next Matta Fair will be held from 6-8 September 2013 at the PWTC in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This time around, visitors will be in for more due to the fact that there are more participants coming from tourism offices in the region. Moreover, this MATTA Fair is also going to be special because of the fact that this is the first time that the World Islamic Tourism Mart or WITM will be going on at the same time and at the same venue in PWTC. Branded WITM-MATTA Fair 2013, this is a first in the tourism industry.
The last Matta Fair March 2013 saw a total of 100,188 visitors over the three day event here in Kuala Lumpur while the upcoming travel fair is looking to target a little more than the previous one. With many new large industry players from the tour sector, airlines and even international participants, you can be sure to get some amazing deals for all your year end holidays.
Travel packages on offer during the Matta Fair
Airlines like AirAsia, Malaysia Airlines and new player Malindo Air will most definitely having some irresistible flight packages for visitors who buy them at the fair while the year end usually spells long vacations where many will choose cruise packages and long vacations to countries abroad like Europe, USA and even Asia. Other airlines that will be participating will be MASwings, FireFly, Berjaya Air, Etihad Air, Emirates, Qatar Air and many other international airlines. Some of them have really good offers so depending on where you want to go, do check around for the best deal.
Matta Fair September 2013 Information
There are a number of new services offered in this coming travel trade fair for the convenience of the visitors and there are some interesting facts for this September. There are;
- Buyers Contest
- Stage Performances
- Additional information kiosk
- Nursing Rooms for mothers
- Blood Donation Drive
- 14 Overseas Tourism Organization Booths
- 154 Exhibitors Confirmed
- 1,182 Booths have been booked up since July 2013
Overall, the Matta Fair keeps getting better and better every year where the organizing committee has been listening to the public requests and complaints in order to help make the buying experience a better one for visitors. However, due to the success of the travel fair, you will see thousands of people during peak hours of the fair so best to come on off-peak hours.
What to look out for at Matta Fair
Things to look out for are usually the Buy One Free One Packages or the really cheap air fares. Halal Tour Packages or Matta Muslim Tours are also one of the big sellers here. Popular holiday resorts like Club Med always have the Buy 1 Free 1 promotion where you can only buy it at the fair and to many Club Med destinations in Asia. Another catchy promotion is the use of local Malaysian Celebrities in the special travel packages. This means that you can buy that particular package and go along with the celebrity for a tour.
Malaysian Celebrity Travel Packages at Matta Fair
Things to be careful about are really cheap packages where only ground arrangements are offered. This means only the hotel room is in the package plus maybe a simple city tour. This works for those who just want a place to sleep and explore on their own. My personal tip is to read the terms and conditions carefully before buying.
Bali and Lombok Private Pool Villa Packages
New and interesting packages would be some luxury packages to places like Bali and Maldives. One local Malaysian company, Skyzone Tours and Travels was seen promoting Luxury Pool Villa Packages in Bali for couples only. This was targeted to those wanting a proper romantic holiday without the hassle of a commercial tour package. We all know how that is - RM288 for a 3D/2N Bali holiday which can go wrong in all ways. Some of you may have experienced this before but it is always advised to visit Bali with a minimum of four nights to fully enjoy the holiday.
Theme Parks are also a very popular booth at the travel fair due to the sudden explosion of these places. You can expect players like Legoland Malaysia, Sunway Theme Parks, Universal Studios Singapore, A'Famosa Resort, Hello Kitty Town, Bukit Gambang Water and Safari Park, Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, Bukit Merah Lake Town and many others. They would most likely be offering family packages or even discounted theme park tickets. One highlight is the brand new Legoland Water Park which is opening on 21st October 2013 therefore you should be seeing aggressive sales from them and also the other water parks.
The general crowd buying at the Matta Fair
Sarawak Tourism Board will not be participating at the Matta Fair September 2013 for unknown reasons. However, the ever popular Sabah Tourism Board will be there in full force promoting their many places of interest in North Borneo. Other local Malaysian tourism boards include Langkawi Tourism, Johor Tourism, Penang Tourism and of course Tourism Malaysia, the star here which will be the most prominent one with over 30 booths in the center of Hall 1 with multiple choices of hotels, resorts and tour companies.
How to go to the MATTA Fair
- LRT-TRAIN - The best way to get to Putra World Trade Center or PWTC is by taking the LRT to the PWTC station. It can easily be reached from anywhere in central KL with many connections from the Putra Line, KTM Commuter and KL Monorail.
- Driving - For those driving, you may park at the Putra World Trade Centre, Hentian Putra multi-storey car park or nearby commercial parking areas (About RM8-10 per day). You are bound to get a Police or DBKL Summons if you park on road shoulders around PWTC. Valet parking available at Seri Pacific Hotel which is beside PWTC but this costs anywhere from RM20-RM50 depending on how long you are there.
- Note: The Sunway Putra Shopping Mall (formerly The Mall) is closed for major renovations so avoid parking there.
- Buses - From Puduraya Station, look for the Local Intrakota Bus that stops just outside the Jukebox Shoe Shop opposite the Puduraya Bus Station and this bus goes to Hentian Putra which is just opposite PWTC. It will cost approximately RM1.20-1.40 one way.
- Taxi - Get a taxi and tell them MATTA Fair at Putra World Trade Center or PWTC. Make sure the taxi uses the meter. Avoid dodgy looking cabs or any cabs without the taxi sign.
Matta Fair International Hall view
MATTA Fair 2013 Venue and Time
- Date: 6-8 September 2013
- Venue: Halls 1-3 at Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC), Kuala Lumpur
- Time: 1000AM – 900PM.
- Entrance Fee: RM4 (or complimentary for Hong Leong Bank-MATTA credit cardholder)
As for me, I make it a point to visit the travel fair as there is much to learn and understand about the travel industry here in Malaysia. It is also a way to keep me updated about new products and also special package deals for my future travels. One of my favourite halls are Hall Number One where the local Malaysian travel booths are located. Here I get to see the many new products of our own country being sold at promotion rates during the Matta Fair September 2013.