Matta Fair 2013 at PWTC Kuala Lumpur is back to start the new year with some exciting travel promotions, deals and packages for everyone. Having been around for many years now, this travel fair in KL is hands down the most successful travel fair of all time. Held twice a year, in March and again in September, both fairs attract over 100000 people over for the three days at Putra World Trade Center. For 2013, we are speculating that there will be even more crazy travel deals for everyone.
The fair is split into three halls, where the Hall 1 and 2 are for international travel and Hall 3 is for local tourism. So visitors can easily spend a good 4-6 hours here if you want to visit all three halls. Below is some basic information and pictures taken from the recent Matta Fair September 2012.
Overall, the travel fair here in Malaysia offers visitors all kinds of packages. From ground, flight, complete tours, cruises, Muslim packages and many others. Visitors pay RM4 per entry and before you enter the main exhibition hall area, you will see other travel related promotions like cameras, bags and sometimes non-related beauty products. (How did that get in?)
Theme Parks Packages and Promotions
- If you are driving, park around the PWTC area, Hentian Putra or the open car parks.
- Here's a tip if you don't want to spend time looking for parking - Drive up to the Seri Pacific Hotel (old Pan Pacific Hotel) entrance and give your car to the valet parking which cost about RM15-RM45 depending on how long you take. No hassles as you simply walk straight into the Matta Fair from the hotel entrance.
- Other option would be to come very early and park in the PWTC.
- Another place would be to park across at The Sunway Putra Shopping Center and walk over.
- Avoid parking along the road illegally as you are bound to get summoned by the police.
- To avoid the traffic jam, you need to head there very early before 11am.
- Get a taxi and tell them Matta Fair at Putra World Trade Center or PWTC.
- Make sure the Malaysian Taxi uses the meter (fare)
- Intrakota Buses stops just outside the Jukebox Shoe Shop opposite the Puduraya Bus Station and this bus goes to Hentian Putra which is opposite PWTC. It will cost approximately RM1.20 (US$0.30) one way.
- Be sure to check on the bus timings if you are going back late.
- STAR LRT stops at the PWTC Station and is a very short walk to the Matta Fair.
- PUTRA LINE LRT stops at Masjid Jamek Station and you change with STAR LRT.
Ticket Price: RM4 Adults / Per Day
Lastly, you should be prepared for the thousands of people that will be scavenging the fair for the best deals and promotions. Keep an eye on your belongings and children during the fair. If you have been saving from last year to go on that well deserved holiday, family trip or even a solo trip, head over to PWTC for the Matta Fair 2013.