Hello Kitty Town Johor
Hello Kitty Town in Johor, Malaysia will be the first Sanrio Hello Kitty Theme Park outside of Japan. It is also scheduled to be open by late 2012 at the Puteri Harbor Indoor Family Park which is in the Nusajaya district near Legoland. The theme park is also strategically located in between both causeways to and from Singapore making it easy to access. The current tentative date for opening was also set to be on the 29th October 2012 but come back here to check for any updates. Latest Update: The opening may be scheduled for end October 2012. I will confirm and update this here.
Pictures from Hello Kitty Town in Johor taken in November 2012 Latest Update.
This 60,000 square feet indoor facility is one of the 5 flagship zones in Iskandar Malaysia and will comprise of The Little Big Club that is designed around HIT Entertainment's popular characters namely Thomas & Friends™, Bob the Builder™, Angelina Ballerina™; Barney & Friends™ and Pingu™. A unique themed family restaurant by popular local Malaysian cartoonist, Lat is also one of the attractions here where you can savor local Malaysian delights.
The four storey entertainment centre in Puteri Harbor which cost about RM350 million to build will host walk-through attractions, play structures, various interactive activities and a Hello Kitty-themed rides. Among the main attractions available here are;
- Black Wonder – a hi-tech interactive themed experience
- Kitty House – an iconic Hello Kitty house complete with living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen.
- The “Purrfect” stage - An area where Hello Kitty, My Melody, Little Twin Stars among others will be featured.
Hello Kitty Land house
You can also get a little more information from the Hello Kitty Town Johor Official Website on offers or announcements for the openings.
Ticket Prices for Hello Kitty Land, Johor;
- RM65 (normal price) and RM50 (MyKad price)
- The combined 2 parks (Hello Kitty and Little Big Club) ticket will cost RM85 & RM65 each.
- Prices may have increased since 2014 - Please Note.
- 10am – 6pm daily starting Friday, 28th October 2012.
- For ticketing inquiries, call +603 – 8775 4666.
- Hotline is operational from 9am-6pm on weekdays.
Hello Kitty Town Map
How to go to Hello Kitty Land in Johor
- From Kuala Lumpur: Take the North South Plus highway, take exit 253 to Senai Airport/Tuas and proceed to Exit 311 showing way to Kota Iskandar. Continue towards Kota Iskandar and proceed to Puteri Harbour.
- From Singapore: Use the second link at Tuas, proceed towards Kota Iskandar. Take exit 312 which will take you to Kota Iskandar. Thence, look for direction to Puteri Harbour.
- From Johor Bahru (JB): Take the new Coastal Highway to Kota Iskandar after passing Danga Bay. Follow the sign towards Puteri Harbour.
- Hello Kitty Theme Park is located next to Puteri Harbour and Trader's Hotel.
Thank you Ramli for the correction for the 2nd GPS Coordinates.
Hello Kitty Land Map from Google
View Hello Kitty Town, Johor Malaysia in a larger map
If you are heading to this part of Malaysia, you will also be please to know that you and your family can easily spend two to three days here just visiting the many other international attractions here like Legoland Malaysia and also the Johor Premium Outlets or JPO, Malaysia's first official factory outlet. There are numerous hotels available in the area while everything is located in the Iskandar District of Johor.
For the Sanrio fans, this will probably be your wildest dream of visiting a theme park dedicated to all your favourite characters. It will also be every little girl or teenagers wish list to make that pilgrimage to the very first Hello Kitty Town in Johor, Malaysia.