Russell Peters Live Show in Malaysia 2012 - For the first time ever, one of the world's funniest comedians makes his way to perform a show in Malaysia under the Russell Peters Notorious World Tour. Who is he again? One of the biggest exports out of Canada, Russell is well known or his comedy punchlines "Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad" in which he tells a joke about his childhood with a traditional Indian father who would use corporal punishment and “Be a man!" while imitating an Asian trying to get him to pay more for an item at a shop. Now Malaysians can watch Russell Peters Live on Stage at Stadium Malawati in Shah Alam, Selangor on the 12th of May. We also wonder if he has any jokes about Malaysians when he performs here.
Somebody gonna get hurt real bad!
Russell Peters stand-up performances are mostly made up of observational comedy where he uses humor to highlight racial, ethnic, class and cultural stereotypes. He often refers his own life experiences growing up in an Indian family and impersonates various English accents of different groups in his act to poke fun at each group. His comedy special Russell Peters: Outsourced, aired on Comedy Central on August 16, 2006. Unfortunately it was censored on national TV but the DVD version features his uncensored performance selling over 100,000 copies.
Having performed in over 30 countries, Russell is no stranger to huge audiences. One of his amazing feats was that his two shows in Dubai was sold out in 8 minutes this March 2012! Also, in 2008, he had the largest comedy show in UK history at London's O2 Arena with a total of 16,000 fans in attendance. He repeated that same feat in 2010 at Sydney, Australia's Acer Arena, where he had the largest comedy show in Australian history with over 13,000 fans in attendance.
Where to buy Russell Peters Malaysia Show Tickets?
You can buy them from Ticket Pro Malaysia.
Where and when is the Russell Peters Comedy Show being held?
Venue: Stadium Malawati, Persiaran Sukan, Seksyen 13, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Telephone: 03 8775 4666
Date: May 12, 2012
Russell Peters Website for more information.
How to get to Stadium Malawati, Shah Alam?
- The best possible way via public transport is a taxi from Kuala Lumpur.
- Taxi will cost about RM25-RM40 one way.
- A Commuter Train Station (Batu Tiga Station) is about 1km from the stadium.
- You need to take a taxi to the stadium from the commuter station. (About RM5-8)
- After 11pm, there are no trains back to KL so you need to grab a taxi.
- Here are some Taxi Numbers you can call: Shah Alam Taxi, 03-5519 1740. Supercab, 03-7875 7333. Teletaxi, 03-9221 1011. Uptown Ace, 03-9283 2333. Wira Cab, 03-2144 3630
- The bus service is a little tricky so avoid if possible.
- There are no LRT trains or stations near here.
- There are no attractions around the area so after the concert, you best head back to KL.
- Hotels are available around Shah Alam ranging from 3-5 Stars.
Russell Peters live in Singapore, Bangkok and Indonesia with dates below;
Bangkok - Thursday May 3rd
Singapore - Saturday May 5th
Jakarta - Thursday, May 10th - Tickets SOLD-OUT!
Just so you know, this is the first time the Canadian stand-up comedian will be preforming here in Malaysia and Southeast Asia. If you have been following the viral videos and email on him years ago, you will know that this is one show you would not want to miss. This would also be probably your only chance to catch Russell Peters Live Show in Malaysia 2012.