728x90 AdSpace

Coming soon

Latest News

recent posts

27 June, 2011

Malaysia Airlines New Airbus A380 Plane Picture - Sneak Preview

Malaysia Airlines New Airbus A380 Plane Picture - Sneak Preview of the air plane going through the 60% building phase. As you can see the body is in its original green and yellow coating and yet to be painted. The tail fin has already been fitted and painted with the Malaysia Airlines (MAS) logo. I was on an invitation to the Airbus Factory in Toulouse, France to witness the building process of the A380-800 plane at the at the Jean-Luc Lagardere station. While here, I also visited the delivery section where another Malaysia Airline Airbus A330 plane was ready for collection. The new Airbus A380 is one of the 6 planes which was ordered back in 2003 and this first unit is to be delivered by early 2012. Speculation on the routes are yet to be confirmed but it is most likely that the A380 will be used for the KL - London route. As for the interior design and seating capacity, tentatively it is set at 508 seats with a surprise for the business and first class seating design.

Nose, center and forward fuselage of the MAS A380 plane

From this process at station two where general tests on electric and hydraulic systems are conducted while mobile parts and landing gears are tested and then the four Rolls Royce Trent 900 engines will be fitted under the wings. Final checks will be conducted outside the hanger before the plane is sent to Hamburg for the final interior fittings and paint job.

Belly fairing for the A380 plane

As I was approaching the Malaysia Airlines A380 plane, I saw many of the parts which were to be fitted on to the plane along the main walkway. Some of them come in huge containers and they look systematically laid out like air-fix parts. As you can see in the picture above, that box was for the A380 belly fairing. The technician simply takes the entire container to the plane and fits them accordingly to the sections.

The Malaysia Airlines logo on the tail fin of the Airbus A380 plane

While in Paris, I also managed to attend the 49th Paris Air Show 2011 which was held in Le Bourget, France. My first international airshow and it was absolutely amazing.

Update: Malaysia Airlines Airbus A380 makes maiden test flight and lands in Hamburg, Germany - Oct 2011

The first unit of the MAS A380 Plane made a test flight from Toulouse, France and landed safely in Hamburg, Germany. Here are exclusive pictures of the Malaysia Airlines Airbus A380 Plane on Test Flight and Landing.

Tengku Azmil, CEO/MD for Malaysia Airlines

The CEO and MD of Malaysia Airlines, Tengku Azmil was also here during my visit and he gave a press release to the Malaysian media who were also present along with Tan Sri Bashir Ahmad (CEO of Malaysia Airports) and Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha, Minister in the Ministry of Transport Malaysia. With this, I along with many travelers are looking forward to the Malaysia Airlines New Airbus A380 Plane next year.
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

19 comments:

CUMI & CIKI said... 27 June 2011 at 08:54

Ah so this was where you went! Malaysia Airlines New Airbus A380 Plane looks fabulous.. so I am assuming end 2012 or early 2013 we will get to fly in it right? woohoo.. can't wait;)

David Jr said... 27 June 2011 at 15:41

Hey Mei, yes, there I was checking out the factory. Very interesting trip too. And yes, we can expect it in Q1 of 2012! Can't wait to try it out.

Sophie said... 29 June 2011 at 01:07

Looks very cool. I've not flown in a 380 yet. Looking forward to it.

David Jr said... 29 June 2011 at 01:27

Thanks Sophie. I too have not flown in one but I actually saw the mock-up of various class designs inside the A380 and have to say some of them are Super Luxury indeed. he first class suites were my favourite. I actually tried them, normal and flat bedded, comes with your own little personal 3 feet sliding door too.

Debbie Beardsley @ European Travelista said... 29 June 2011 at 07:40

These airplanes just keep getting bigger and bigger! I am looking forward to my first ride in one. . . not sure when that will be but it will be spectacular I'm sure.

Jim said... 29 June 2011 at 08:31

What sort of engines David? Hopefully not Rolls Royce?

Michael Figueiredo said... 29 June 2011 at 09:52

How exciting! I can't wait to (someday) fly in one of these!

Stephanie - The Travel Chica said... 30 June 2011 at 00:16

It is always amazing to me how something so large and complex gets built with such precision.

David Jr said... 30 June 2011 at 02:39

Debbie - Air travel is now changing and eventually, planes will probably end up like cruise ships one day.

Jim, they're Rolls Royce Trent 900 engines last I hear.

Michael, currently the Airlines with A380s are maximizing the flight paths to mostly long haul flights these days.

Stephanie - You should have seen how they did a flight demo at the Paris Ari Show... this huge A380 just flying over the show.. oh wow..

adventureswithben said... 30 June 2011 at 06:55

I'm a Boeing Guy, but it's hard to ignore the A380. Anytime you pull up next to one, you can't help but be impressed!

robin said... 30 June 2011 at 18:02

I too am looking forward to seeing the inside of one of these!

David Jr said... 1 July 2011 at 04:37

Ben - Anyway, I did go into the new Boeing 747-8 at the Paris Air Show, and let me tell you, it was very impressive too.

Robin, I have some stock photos of these, maybe I'll post them up here. Let me check with the Airbus Reps.

Lisa said... 6 July 2011 at 12:02

That's a unique and cool perspective in which to see the plane. I bet it was a fun experience.

Henry Williams said... 22 July 2011 at 03:57

This plane is going to be incredible once there done with it nice post!

David Jr said... 22 July 2011 at 14:35

Lisa - Was an amazing experience to be inside the factory and seeing how the plane is being assembled.

Henry - Thanks very much and yes, I too am curious to which design of seating Malaysia Airlines will be using.

Anonymous said... 28 February 2012 at 01:25

hi...how r u david?
btw malaysia airlines almost done their a380 and will receive in this june 2012...i will fly with them on first a380 on 1july2012 route KUL to LHR...
btw do u know how the interior look like..?is their economy class seat pitch is 34inches or more...?is it the very best interior indeed compared to other airlines?

David Jr said... 28 February 2012 at 03:47

Last Anon, who is this? Anyway, I will get the specifications hopefully by March :)

Anonymous said... 2 March 2012 at 03:24

btw my name amir...i bought my airticket(premium economy class)for malaysia airlines a380 first flight KUL-LHR. .but i have no idea about they interior look like...but i hope it will be the best and better than SIA and emirates :-)

Anonymous said... 28 March 2012 at 22:36

they just changed their logo to ALL blue ! wonder what happened to the red color ...

Item Reviewed: Malaysia Airlines New Airbus A380 Plane Picture - Sneak Preview Description: Rating: 5 Reviewed By: David Jr
Scroll to Top