Read this for the latest Matta Fair in August 2011 at PWTC.
One of the highlights are to look out for the Sabah Tourism Booth at the fair where you will be happy to know that there are a number of interesting packages to Sabah being offered here. One prominent agent - Equator Tours, is having a fantastic promotion for Mabul and Sipadan Island Packages, Kota Kinabalu City Packages and the most unique - Maliau Basin Packages. If you have been waiting for something different offered by Sabah, you should look up Mr.Pat from Equator Tours as they seem to be selling some of the most unique Sabah Travel Packages at Matta Fair 2011.
This is one of the many popular things travelers are on the lookout for. If you walk around, you will notice that some travel companies actually advertise Hong Kong for RM600 on a piece of A4 paper stuck to their booth. You might think it is a deal but actually it is only for the flight ticket. So, if you are those hunting for cheap airline tickets, always ask them if it is a full package or just airline ticket.
- Most locals would self drive there and park around the PWTC area.
- Here's a tip if you don't want to spend time looking for parking - Drive up to the Seri Pacific Hotel (old Pan Pacific Hotel) entrance and give your car to the valet parking which cost about RM15 (US$4.40) the entire day. No hassles as you simply walk straight into the Matta Fair from the hotel entrance.
- Other option would be to come early and park in the PWTC
- Another place would be to park across at The Mall Shopping Center and walk over.
- Avoid parking along the road illegally as you are bound to get summoned by the police.
- Again I stress, to avoid the traffic jam, you need to head there very early before 11am.
- An Intrakota Bus stops just outside the Jukebox Shoe Shop opposite the Puduraya Bus Station and this bus goes to Hentian Putra which is opposite PWTC. It will cost approximately RM1.20 (US$0.35) one way.
- Visitors who travel to the Matta Fair 2011 from March 11 to 13 at the Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) on Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) trains will receive a 25% discount on their ticket fare.
- They should inform the officers at the ticketing counter at the train station that they are going to KL Sentral for the Matta Fair before buying their tickets. Those who buy tickets at the KTMB booth for travel to any part of the country or Singapore would get the 25% discount regardless of the number of people traveling. The discounts are available from March 11 to 13th 2011.
- STAR LRT stops at the PWTC Station and is a short walk to the Matta Fair.
- PUTRA LINE LRT stops at Masjid Jamek Station and you change with STAR LRT.
MATTA Fair Dates: 11-13th March 2011
Matta Fair Opening Hours: 10am to 10pm
Matta Fair Location: Putra World Trade Center (PWTC) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hall 1, 2, 3 and Pelantaran Putra at the PWTC
Entry Fee: RM3.00 (US$0.88) per person/per day - You are given a wrist band to wear.
PWTC Telephone Number and Contact Information:
Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC)
Tel: (603) 2614 6999
Fax: (603) 404 33777
Toll Free: 1800-880-448 (Reservations only)
Website for PWTC Kuala Lumpur
Related articles from Malaysia Asia;
- Sabah Travel Packages
- Taiwan Travel Packages
- Thailand Travel Packages
- Penang Matta Fair 2010 2-4 July updates
- Matta Fair 2010 - Travel Packages and Tips
- Matta Fair 2010 - 12-14 March at PWTC General overview
- Matta Fair 2009 - 4-6 Sept - Day 1
- Matta Fair 2009 - 4-6 Sept - Day 2
- MATTA Fair September 2010 Update