|Laid back lifestyle of Kampung Ulu Slim|
Driving there was pretty exciting for most of us as we never experienced 4WD action. Of the two units of 4WD vehicles, one was a closed type while the one I sat in was a pickup type 4WD and we were told to hold on tightly during the bumpy journey that took about 30 minutes.
On successfully going up the hill, we met up with another 4WD and it was an Ambulance 4WD which served the area inside Kampung (Village) Sungai Slim where mostly local Orang Asli (Indigenous People) live.
Arriving at our starting point we were pleased to know that everything was laid out ready for us. It is common for the raft company, in this case Uhuru Rafts, to prepare everything ahead before the rafters arrive.
Standard water rafting equipment like safety jackets, paddles and helmets were laid out on the ground. Some of the rafting helmets can be adjusted according to your head size. The safety vest is also adjustable to your size.
And our journey begins from here. Catch my second posting about the Slim River Water Rafting Experience. Overturns, people falling off rafts, stuck in whirlpools, going down a waterfall and much more!
Price for White Water Rafting in Kampar River:
- Minimum booking is 10 Persons
- Inclusive of a lunch
- Transfer from Hot Springs to Slim River and back
- Not suitable for children under 12 years old
- Meet up just after Slim River Toll Booth at 8.30am
- Journey to Slim River by 4WD 9.30am
- Start white water rafting about 10.30-11.00am
- Finish rafting about 2.30pm - 3.30pm
- Lunch at Hot Springs cafeteria
- Car Park available near Hot Springs
- Shower/Bathroom available at Hot Springs
- Stalls selling light snacks and drinks
- Do bring sunscreen or sun block for the ladies
- Do bring a waterproof bag if you want to carry your valuables
- Do bring a waterproof camera if you want some dramatic pictures
- Do bring a change of clothes and towel for after rafting
- Do bring along a safety rubber for your glasses
- Don't put anything in your pockets
- Don't wear jewelery or expensive watches
- Don't panic when you fall over! Listen to the raft captain.
- From KL, head on the NKVE Highway North
- Exit at Slim River turn off to the left (1 hour drive from KL)
- After toll, meet the rafting company on the left of the road
- They will guide you to the parking at the hot springs
- If you are from the North, head down South via NKVE and exit Slim River
- There are no signboards for water rafting at Slim River.